Google

From the Gonzo

. . . somewhere near the event horizon.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

An early morning phone call

I called Ruth Munson this morning about 8 a.m. This, of course was in reference to my previous posts on "technical changes" amendments in the General Assembly, which can be found here, here and here. I talked to the secretary in her Elgin office (no name given). After explaining who I was and that I would like to speak with Munson about a number of the bills she is sponsoring she proceeded with few questions.

I could see her sitting there with a tired, serious look either vigorously taking notes or at least pretending do, who really knows.

"Who are you with again?" she said
Does it matter?, I thought, I'm with Jesus, is that okay? He sent me to figure out what the hell is happening in Springfield.
"Where are you at?" she queried next. "Over in DeKalb at NIU," that, by the way, is my token response when trying to get hold of sources.
"Which bills were you referring to?" This is where I got a bit annoyed because the list is too long to name them all in a 30 second conversation. "HB1346, 1347 and HB 0620 and 0621," is how I responded.

After the inquistion she assured me that Munson would be in her office shortly and she would make sure she called me.

Did she? No. Will she? Who knows, I hope so but it seems I am being avoided. Perhaps they recognized my name from the email I sent and were like "AHHHHHH!!!"

The saga continues...Wu Tang....Wu Tang....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Desiree said...

LOL Andy is so my hero. This is great. I want to hear what else happens!!!

12/15/2005 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll second that, I'm always curious what our elected officals are wasting their time on.

12/19/2005 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home