Google

From the Gonzo

. . . somewhere near the event horizon.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Good song

The Strokes have a new album due out in January. I think these lyrics for "On the Other Side" are correct, if you see any mistakes let me know.
UPDATE: posted lyrics to Ask Me Anything below these, if you found them congrats, again they may or may not be correct. These are only as good as my source, which isn't the best journalistically but damn it I want to post some Strokes lyrics.

On the Other Side

i'm tired
of everyone
i know
and everyone
i see
on the street
and on TV

on the other side
on the other side
nobody's waiting for me
on the other side

i hate them all
i hate them all
i hate myself
for hating them
so i'll drink some more
i love them all
i'm drinking even more
i'll hate them even more
than i did before

on the other side
on the other side
nobody's waiting for me
on the other side

i remember when you came
you told me i'm insane
now it seems so far away
you told me i'm insane

i'm tired
of being
so judgemental
of everyone
i will not go to sleep
i will train my eyes to see
and my mind is this bird
as a perch of a tree (?)

on the other side
on the other side
i know what's waiting for me
on the other side

on the other side
on the other side
i know you're waiting for me
on the other side


Ask Me Anything

right, wrong, what to do
someday
it will come to you
(?) Indians
we named our summer camp for you

i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i'm in utter dismay
i've got nothing to say

harmless children
we named our soldiers after you
don't be a coconut
God is trying to talk to you
we could drag it out
but that's for other bands to do

i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say

i've got nothing to give
got no reason to live
i will fight to survive
i've got nothing to hide
wish i wasn't so shy

i'd like to watch
i'd like to read
i'd like a part
i'd like the lead

but i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
i've got nothing to say
got no reason to live
i'd kill to survive
i've got nothing to hide
wish i wasn't so shy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI you can get a cell phone ringtone that says, "Have some ham, Tina." But the N.D. calendar was 12.99 so I passed on that.

12/14/2005 5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, I guess I left my last comment in the wrong space.

12/14/2005 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home